Monday, August 6, 2007

Long Awaited Post

Here's a new one for you.

I'm still in Stratford for the next two days, and then I must leave my peaceful little village for the big city. The last week has been pretty intense, as always when you travel, I guess. Thursday we went to Warwick castle, which was pretty cool (and yet not). It was quite touristy by this point, so hardly anything authentic about it still. Oh well, it was my first real castle. I took some pictures of it, and made sure to climb the arrow tower whilst shouting something about English pig-dogs and how someone's mother smelled of elderberries.

Yesterday (Sunday) I went to the Cotswolds. Those unfamiliar with this area (as I was before yesterday), the name means "sheep pens in rolling fields", which describes it pretty well. Cuuuuute little villages and plenty of sheep, which I chased around for a while. All pretty fun. I have lots of pictures of this particular place, so please ask to see them when I get back, if you would like.

Beyond being a tourist, I've read three plays, seen the same three performed, taken a midterm, and written a paper, all in the space of a week. I've made lots of friends and have even managed to become close enough to decide not to be friends with certain people any longer. Lot's of drama here! I don't know what else to say about that, but people talk quite a bit. Other than that, certain people have made me quite a bit homesick the last couple days. I think now that midterms are passed I'll be alright, but I'm thinking of you all.

1 comment:

EC said...

That is how I felt about the Temple of Heaven and the Forbidden City. "Cool, and yet not"