Mother and Grandma are already cringing at the title of this post, I can tell. Today I went to the thirtieth annual great British Beer Festival immediately after finishing my second midterm. The test was ridiculously easy, which was nice, but either way I thought the fest could prove a nice place to blow off whatever leftover steam I had from that. I had previously seen an advertisement on the tube, which I wouldn't normally consider a credible source for a fun day out, but the more I read up on it, the more it seemed like a good idea.
We got there and paid too much for the tickets, then had to pay for a pint glass that you take around with you to the various booths. My friend Jess and I walked around for the better part of two hours trying as many different kinds of beer as we could handle. Luckily you can get them in a third of a pint size (and unlike America, you don't pay more here to get the smaller size), or you can even just sample a sip or two to figure out what you like. We also had my new favorite food, Cornish pasties (pronounced PASS-tee). Don't worry, I didn't try all of the beers, and I was able to walk out easily under my own power. My 4'11" friend was certainly not going to carry me!
So now I am done with two of three tests, need to write two more short papers, and then I will be done with college. Yay, yet not yay. Tomorrow is a day off, so I will be going to the play called The Complete Shakespeare: Abridged, which is a show where they play all 37 Shakespeare plays in 97 minutes. It seemed like the right play to go see, plus it's supposed to be really funny. I also saw a play called The Penelopiad in Stratford when I was there, which was awful. Hopefully the play tomorrow is cool. Thats all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment