I am now done with the Shakespeare classes, UCLA, and college in general. It feels nice to be able to say so, but it was bittersweet having to say goodbye to everyone last night, especially since I won't be around UCLA to hang out with them after this. Oh well. I woke up at 8 this morning and started on my way towards the airport for a noontime flight. The flight, other than the pilot rocking the plane back and forth as we were about to touch down, was pretty nice. I was lucky enough to get an aisle seat in the emergency exit row, so had plenty of leg room.
The first thing I like about Ireland is that for the first time in several weeks I am looking at a cloudless sky. I get the impression this isn't generally what the sky looks like here, but London was just miserable the whole time I was there, weather-wise. I got on a bus and got to my hostel after a pretty long walk through town. Where as London (at least where we were) seemed to be very uptight and business like, Dublin seems to be a little more casual. First impressions only though there. My hostel is a six person room, though there doesn't appear to be anyone sleeping above me right now. Perhaps they will arrive later. I'm just down the street at an internet bar, and listening to the radio of Irish language traditional music. Kinda cool. I don't know what my plans are for the rest of the day, but figured maybe go to Trinity college to see the Book of Kells. We'll see. Hope you all are well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment