Monday, August 27, 2007

Last Day in Ireland

For my last day in Ireland, I finally let down and did something specifically touristy--I went to the Cliffs of Moher. While they were quite beautiful, I don't really think it was worth it for me to go on a bus that far, especially since buses make me feel like crap. It sorta reminded me of most of the California coast line, except the water was nice and serene rather than the waves the California coast has. Also greener, more cows, that kind of thing.

Yesterday I spent most of the day inside, taking a sort of day off from trying to see everything in the world. It was nice because traveling is really tiring. I went to a bar around 4 to watch GAA football, which is a sport similar to soccer, rugby, and basketball combined. 15 players try and get a ball either over a bar (like a field goal in American football) or into a goal right below the bar, which is defended by a goalie. Over is 1 point, under is 3. To move the ball, the players carry it and dribble it every 4 steps, and every second dribble has to be off the player's foot. They rough each other up, but don't really tackle. Passing has to be with the thumb side of a fist of kicked. Kerry beat Dublin to go to the finals against Cork by a score of 16-14, I think. Pretty fun. Last night stupid Germans or something were butchering American songs late into the night, so I was up until 3:30 listening to them be annoying. We tried to change our room today, but got there a minute too late. Monday is supposed to be quieter.

No comments: