Alright, this is the first time I've been to a terminal since the last post, or else I would have updated sooner. I am starting my fourth day in Stratford and second day of classes. Already we are on our way to see our first play tonight, Richard II. Still no sign of James Franco though, so no one knows if he is still coming or not. I think that might make things a little better, as there are some pretty immature people on this trip who might not be able to handle it.
Stratford is like the city of Solvang in California. It's about three blocks wide with lots of touristy shops and old buildings. The difference is that these buildings really are old while Solvang they just try to make them look so. There are lots of cute things, but there really isn't that much to do. I've had tea in the shops, seen some of the historic Shakespeare stuff, and poked into the bars and pubs, but that's really the extent of the excitement. The town is ridiculous with the Shakespeare references though. For instance, there is a shop called Much Ado About Toys (referencing a Shakespeare title Much Ado about Nothing) and there is a brand of Shakespeare Tea, which says on the back, tea was not introduced to England until 50 yars after the bard's death, but we think his plays would have been even better if he had had tea to drink. Ridiculous.
Classes are fine so far, roommates and other people are cool as well, so there's not much to say about that. I've only got a few minutes left, so I'll just leave it at that for now! Miss you all.
Ooh, call my mobile if international calls are not too expensive for you. Number is 44-79423-81922 (I think). Please be aware England is 8 hours ahead, so no calling after 4pm your time! Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
your blog is green. amazing. i didn't know this in china.
Shane... you left your white button-down shirt in my room. But, when you return on the 9th I'll have it waiting for you here and you can get it back then. Actually why don't we try to get together again when you're here. I can meet you in Covent Garden and I'll take you to the coolest coffee shop I've been to in England.
I had a great time hanging out by the way. Adios... I mean Cheers!
Luke
Post a Comment